Sci-Fi Story Series Part 5 : Adventures of Sifar - The Past

Kuber was recently made director of the operations to handle the space travel program specially of the Sifar. He got a call from an unknown number to reach home as soon as possible, or his family's life will be in jeopardy. Kuber without thinking ran from the office to parking area, took his car out. It is raining cats and dogs.


"This is not happening to me.", all emotions started pouring out at once.

On reaching home, he can sense the presence of the unwanted. He flung the door open and can see the bunch of professional looking goons dressed up like S.W.A.T. They bypass security parameter of the premise, without raising suspicion and carrying assault rifles. But in this most dangerous situation, what he saw on the front was most out of the place; a woman dressed up in business suit standing with a sly smile. In the back, he sees his wife and child in next room trying to hide.

"What is the meaning of this? What do you want?" Kuber tried to forcefully make way towards his family but grabbed by two nearest guards.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Maya. And we can turn this awkward situation to rather fruitful venture, if you act smartly."

"I know nothing, please don't hurt my family" Kuber start sobbing

"Now, Now. We do not want information, we already have." Maya said as a matter of factly.

"Then what do you want?"

"Nothing much, just your position in Mahasangh for our benefits, or you can say, we want you to work with us."

"I merely got the position just few days back. I don't have much experience."

"That is precisely, why we approached you. We want our friendship to mature and grow as your experience will grow. This way it will be more natural. We don’t won't to raise any suspicion of abrupt change in your behavior."

"Get out of my house." Shouted Kuber.

"We will but not before taking our parting gift." smiled Maya and raised his hand making a clicking gesture.

The team came into action and caught Kuber's wife and his child.

"They are our insurance. Don't worry we do not want any harm for your family, only if you comply."

"Not my family. I will do anything you want."

"Oh, I know." said Maya.

Kuber jerked the guards and started running towards his family but accidently lost his balance and started whirling towards Maya. This was a potential threat to one of the security guard. Things then happen in split second. Which Kuber to this day not able to remember in detail. The next thing he remember was waking up on the bed of hospital with a burning sensation in his back. He tried to get up but was not able to.

"You will be all right. Try to relax. You are under sedation." said the doctor.

"Where am I? Why am I here? Let me go." Kuber still under the influence.

"I am sorry you cannot go anywhere till the time you heal. Your nerves got damaged by the bullet in your spine, you cannot feel your lower body. We have to keep you sedated. You were out for few days."

"What?" Only word came out of Kuber. "Where is my family?"

"My condolences, they are no more. Your house was on fire. It seems that there was short circuit in the garage which eventually sparked the fire and ignited the flammable chemicals you kept there. We found 2 burned bodies, identified as your wife and daughter."

Kuber went blank. His mind was like a stopped clock with no activity. He doesn’t have any chemicals in house specially after his daughter was born.

"Maya" thought Kuber with rage.

Two weeks later Kuber was discharged from the hospital. Kuber whole life is destroyed.

"If only ... I have accepted the offer in first place, my family would have been alive." Kuber murmured remorsefully. He felt helpless for the first time in his life.

As he came out of hospital campus on his motorized wheelchair, which is now his only companion. Something started vibrating in his overcoat. Kuber pulled out the unknown mobile  from the pocket, with unknown number calling. He clicked the green button.

"Warm wishes Mr.Kuber, hope you are doing well. I hope there will be no grudges because of what had happened in the past." said the voice.

"I won't forget you and I am coming after you." Kuber told the voice clenching his teeth.

"Good. Then our little setup has worked perfectly." crackled the voice.

"What?" Kuber is now speechless.

"Think Mr. Kuber, if I have the power to threaten you in your own home. Don't you think I can make little arrangements to make this look like an accident? I have faked your family's death so that you can concentrate on more important tasks coming your way. My side of deal still hold true. If you work for me, I will release your family safe and sound. Even after your stunt to manhandle me. I would suggest waiting for my next instructions if you want to see your family..."

The phone gets disconnected. Kuber cannot judge to whether be happy that his family is safe, or worried that they are kidnapped by most ferocious woman he ever met, or angry of what she had done to him. He had to comply to what she said. He must save his family.

----
Unknown location

"That's brilliant Maya", Maya talking to herself. Things are falling in line like how she wanted. It was genius to implant small electrical device in Kuber’s path which numbed his leg when activated, making Kuber fall, then made him unconscious, get his nerves severed, making him tamer, at the same time causing the accident to fool the world.

"Kuber will now be more focused."  laughed Maya

There is only one mistake in this whole operation but it is now taken care of.

----
Mahasangh headquarter

Three years have passed since then. Kuber tried every way to reach out to his family but Maya was very discreet. He is still not able to pinpoint their location. He only got couple of chances to speak with them briefly on the mercy of Maya. His only motivation was, he can hear them.

Kuber's monitor is now showing his code is activated in Sifar's server.


To Be Continued…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tenalirama: Man who bring kingdom to its knees with rice and chessboard !

DFC_DOCBROKER_EXCLUDED: Primary Docbroker Blacklisted

Enabling Mouse Cursor Recording In OBS