Tyre Rim Correction Experience: Gurgaon

Today was quite and hectic day for me, yesterday when I took my car out for usual maintenance and take it for a stroll. I realize that three of its tyres are punctured. when I checked last week, it was all fine. Now I realize that, it may be because of cold or maybe my inactivity the car 3 tyres are flat. I have a tyre inflator, which I used to inflate my tyres, because I don't trust the tyre inflator guys. In the past, these guys have broken many of my tyre valves.

 

Now, it was noon I got the tyres inflated and took them to wheel alignment and balancing service, but then I realized that it's not because of the alignment of balancing but the deformation of rims.

Now, there is only one service in my area which is around 25 kilometers from my home, in the center of the city, with all the traffic where I must get it replaced, get my rim fixed. And it is the only service center that was available when I reached there, they told me that two of my rims are deformed. However, I requested them, to reshape all my five tyres including spare. It is a computerized process and required some calibration and then wheel alignment was done. I thought thank god its over.

 I had to do one more thing, get my car key remote fixed. I was waiting from some time to get it fixed. I found out that one of my front tyre is flat again.

They check for any kind of a leakage, but they didn't find any. I got the tyre bolted again to the car and to my dismay when I started my journey again, tyre started losing pressure.

 

The Other services center guy let me know after some analysis that the rim service guy damaged the tyre temporarily with hydraulics tyre detacher, which they used to change the tire. I had to purchase the tube for tubeless tyre so that air wont leak. And the guy suggested that we must keep that tube tube in the tubeless tyre for at least two months so that tyre rubber can take its place again. It took me whole day to get this thing fixed.

In my next blog, I'll share my experience for the computerized key replacement.

Cost of getting my rim fixed at 200 inr /tyre, but it can vary depending on the deformation and the model of the car and for Wheel alignment, it took me to 400 rupees. the valve which got damaged 50 rupees. So, it was 1600 Indian Rupee expense to get this fixed.

 

But all in all, I learnt something new today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tenalirama: Man who bring kingdom to its knees with rice and chessboard !

DFC_DOCBROKER_EXCLUDED: Primary Docbroker Blacklisted

Enabling Mouse Cursor Recording In OBS